Holiday Needs: If you are interested in helping to arrange a collection of holiday gifts and/or supplies for homeless individuals and families this season, we are extremely grateful for your generosity. This list can help you with your efforts. If you have any questions, please contact Heather at email@example.com or Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (860) 724-0071.
Toys or items for children's activities: art supplies, crayons, coloring books, puzzles, learning/activity kits, board games, toys for any age - toddlers through teens. We ask that all items be left unwrapped so we can be sure they are distributed appropriately.
Winter weather items for men and women: new clothing items such as; hats, gloves, scarves, socks, sweaters, sweatshirts, slippers (XL, 2XL and 3XL items tend to be in demand).
Basic toiletry and hygiene items: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, toothbrushes, thoothpaste, hand/body lotion, baby powder, spray deodorant, feminine products, hairbrushes, combs and chapsticks.
Gift cards: gift cards are especially helpful as they allow us to meet clients individual needs and can be used throughout the year. Walmart and Target are good for clients to purchase clothing or items for work or school. Grocery stores and fast food restaurants are good for meals on the go, when their schedule takes them away from the shelter. Bus passes are great to get clients to and from work or appointments.
Donations Acceptance Policy
Due to VERY limited storage space we can only accept items that will be used quickly within the agency or for our clients. Please see the list of items that we accept at any time and items we are unable to accept. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call and we can direct you as needed to the best placement for your donation.
- Toiletries: shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant
- Towels, twin sheets
- Gift cards for the holidays: Walmart, Target, Cost Cutters, etc.
- New linoleum flooring for various large areas, including dormitories.
- New kitchen flooring at Plimpton House.
- New carpeting at Plimpton House.
- Windows painted and weatherized at Plimpton House
- Gift Cards to Walmart and Cost Cutters (haircuts) are helpful!
- Personal Hygiene Supplies: Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Hand/Body lotion, Powder, Shampoo, Spray deodorant, Feminine pads & Tampons, Baby Diapers, Hairbrushes & Combs, disposable razors.
- Household Supplies: Laundry detergent, New or lightly used Twin sheet sets, New or lightly used bath towels
- Clothes- Only New Socks, underwear, t-shirts New Pajamas, flip flops
- Office Supplies: New Office Supplies: copy paper, pens, pencils, post its, file folders etc.
Items not accepted
- Furniture, of any kind
- Clothes, other than items listed above
- Household appliances
- Computers, printers etc.
- Office Furniture